Monday 22 March 2010

Wuthering Heights Ballet – Northern Ballet Theatre – Sheffield Lyceum



If someone had asked me 10 years ago ‘would you like to attend the Ballet’ (little finger in the air) I would have scoffed at the idea, well maybe not scoffed but I wouldn’t have thought that it would be ‘my thing’.
However In December 2008 I went to see The Nutcracker, firstly because I had decided to be more cultured (ha ha) and secondly because I love Tchaikovsky’s music. When the Ballet started I thought ‘ey up this is going to be rubbish’. By the end of Act one I think I had stopped breathing! I had no idea really what was going on but I loved the colour and the excitement and the characters… So, armed with that I decided to see if it had been a flook, maybe it wasn’t as good as I remembered, maybe it was the boring crap that I thought it would be.

Last month I booked to see Wuthering Heights. After discussions with my mum we thought that we knew the story better than we knew the story of Romeo and Juliette which had been the other choice.

Once again I was mesmerised from the first bar of music! I loved the rollercoaster of emotions from Heathcliffes’ anger and love for Cathy to how horrible he was to Isabella who loved him dearly. I once again held my breath and forgot to breath and cried at the end when he died….. So now having been to two Ballet’s I’m a convert, I love the Ballet!! I will be attending more …………. Not sure its good for my health but if I can get back the ability to breath I'm sure ill be fine.

Oh and John is joining Stainland Lions Beginners this year. I'm a bit jealous because I would love to be still running however i've got over myself now and in the great scheme of things its not so dire that I cant run………. Its not fair………. But ill just have to get on with it, smile and hope he does well

No comments:

Post a Comment